Booking your Trip
Booking conditions and information about payment of Summit Safari India, trading as Summit Safari.
(Registered with The Department of Tourism Himachal Pradesh- Shimla, India, and No.11-382/08-DTO-sml-1399.)
Important: We recommend that you read the Booking Conditions carefully before booking your holiday.
Summit Safari is a local government licensed touring and trekking company from India. We arrange holidays in different parts of India. We will meet you when you arrive at an international airport in India, and will make all arrangements for your stay from that time onwards in advance, including hotel reservation, internal flight bookings, train bookings, chauffeur driven cabs, local guide etc. Therefore, it is best to book your return flights to India via a local ABTA registered travel agent in your home country (you may want to compare flight prices on the internet, to give you an idea of costs before booking with a travel agent).
Advance booking of a holiday
After choosing your holiday and working a final tour itinerary with us, as per your choice, You are requested to book your holidays well in advance (preferably 3-4 months in advance) so we can plan a memorable holiday and book the best local guides and escorts, vehicles and drivers, and accommodation for you. It would be difficult for us to accept a booking for a holiday from you at under 20 days notice, although we would try to do so.
How To Book
- We shall discuss your plans for your trip with you, and when we have confirmed agreement, we shall need a photocopy of your passport details, together with a non-refundable deposit of $ 250 per person at the time of booking a holiday with us . This amount will be deducted from the total amount of holiday price payable.
- 50 % of the total remaining amount must be paid no later than 10 weeks before the starting of the holiday, otherwise we reserve to treat your booking as cancelled. This deposit enables us to making firm bookings with hotels, purchase train tickets, Transportation etc. in advance of your arrival. Some hotels or resorts require an advance or full payment immediately on booking.
- Payment for inter-city flights must be made in full at the time of booking. In such cases a higher deposit may be required. We will advise you of these higher deposits, if required, while accepting your booking or soon after that.
- The full and final amount for the trip becomes payable on your arrival in India, before the trip Starts. We shall confirm exact dates in writing to you at the time of acceptance of your booking. All payments are to be made in Indian rupees / US Dollars/ GBP / Euros only. (For non – Indian nationals, it is worth noting that it is easy to get Indian rupees from ATM machines, or to cash travellers cheques, and we always advise that travellers do not carry large amounts of cash on them).
- Payments made in India, are requested in Indian rupees, at the exchange rate prevailing on the day of payment, however, subject to agreement, we are able to accept US dollars, Euros or Pounds sterling.
Mode of payment
- We do not accept credit card payments at the present time. Deposit payments may be wired By bank transfers. The bank transfer charges are always extra, as we also bear the same extra Charges for the same transfers in India.
- We will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the bank account of Summit Safari when finally your tour booking request is received by us.
- Payments are requested in Indian rupees, at the exchange rate prevailing on the day of payment, however, subject to agreement, we are able to accept US dollars, Euros or pounds Sterling.
Confirmation and final payment
Once a deposit of $ 250 per person is received by us, we will send you a Booking Acceptance Letter and the pre departure information regarding your tour, normally within 7 days (by e-mail) The 50% of the total balance amount due must be paid no later than 10 weeks before departure, otherwise we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of departure, then 60 % of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking.
The full and final amount for the trip becomes payable on your arrival in India, The day you arrive in India at an international airport in India you will be met and greeted by the company’s representative. You will be transferred to the hotel with him, and your tour will start from the next day. You will have a short briefing meeting with the Senior Adviser or Managing Director then, and your account can be settled shortly before the tour starts. A copy of your tour itinerary and the list of the hotels and important phone numbers will be provided to you in your travel pouch. We will advise you about the final payment details by email just a week before your tour starts.
Price guarantee and alteration of the tour
The price of your holiday is fully guaranteed and is not subject to any surcharges. This guarantee is applicable once we have accepted your booking through a Booking Acceptance Letter and is subject to all payments being received by the due dates. The price guarantee applies to complete holidays bought from us and does not cover the purchase of individual items such as airline tickets or any other items that are not booked with us. There are no hidden costs or extra’s..!
Tipping is not included in the price, but is at the discretion of clients, and Summit Safari is able to provide advice on this.
If you wish to alter your tour programme after the booking has been accepted for any reason, it would be altered only if it is possible to alter the tour. This alteration will cost nothing before 4 weeks of the tour dates. Less than 4 weeks to start the tour, alteration will cost GBP/ US $ 30 per person.
Changing the date of departure will entail a charge of GBP/ US $ 50 per person. Any request for alteration, once the tour has begun, will be treated sympathetically but we cannot guarantee that it can be made. Any cost incurred in making such alterations may cost extra.
Where the change is due to circumstances beyond our control amounting to force majeure, such as weather conditions, technical problems, civil disorder, decisions by governments or other associations, etc., we will offer comparable alternative arrangements. If any of the circumstances amounting to force majeure occurs during a tour we reserve the right to alter the tour programme, as required depending upon the circumstance, without offering any compensation.
Cancellation of a tour
While cancelation of a confirmed tour – the sincere motive of Summit Safari is to provide the maximum refund back to the clients , which is possible to get back after all cancelations regarding the tour.
Cancellation of a confirmed booking must be made by the client in writing or by email, to Summit Safari, and funds will be reimbursed as follows:
|Date of receipt of cancellation notification||Cancellation charges|
|More than 58 days before departure||The non refundable deposit Amount of GBP/ US $ 250 person + any amount that we cannot can get refund after the cancellations.|
|57 days to 31 days before departure||40% of the tour price + any amount that we cannot can get refund after the cancellations.|
|30 days to 15 days before departure||60 % of the tour price + any amount that we cannot can get refund after the cancellations.|
|Less than 15 days before departure||Whatever the best possible we can get back after all cancellations.|
Please Note-: Summit Safari will try to refund or to settle your accounts as soon as possible, but in case of cancellation a tour we have to go through a long process of cancellation and refunds with hotels and ticketing agents etc and this might take a period of 15 days to 30 days to transfer all your funds back to your account.
We are committed to providing the best service to give you a wonderful tour. We guarantee to perform our duties responsibly, honestly and with care to make your stay as safe, smooth and pleasant as possible. All holidays and tour arrangements in the Himalayas and India are conducted strictly in accordance with our stated policies.
We accept responsibility for ensuring that the holiday which you book with us is supplied as described by us on the website or any other literature printed by us, and the services offered reach a reasonable standard as promised by us.
However, there are occasions in which due to unforeseen circumstances, such as any political strikes, landslides, road blockages, or other circumstances outside our control, the trip may have to be varied. Where it is possible, we shall make alternative arrangements which are equivalent to what was planned. Under most circumstances we could arrange a different route, if possible. If alternative arrangements are not possible and the tour has to be cancelled, we shall make arrangements for clients to travel back to their point of departure from India.
We may consider a refund for the unutilised portion of the tour if we are able to obtain refunds from our agents. We advise that all clients take out insurance which includes theft, loss of goods, repatriation and cancellation of a holiday.
If any service offered by us is not clear, you should get written confirmation from us about its inclusion in the price at the time of booking your holidays.
We are committed to responsible tourism. We ensure that our tours are socially, culturally and environmentally sound. We feel strongly that you should respect local traditions, religion, heritage, and we shall advise you of any need for a dress code where this is sensitive. Most important of all is that we ensure that the local communities benefit directly from your visit, so it is helpful to them to have you visit. We are dedicated to preserve the beautiful and fragile places that we visit and to preserve the natural beauty of our place.
We reserve the right to cancel your holiday anytime during its operation if you are found to be behaving in a socially unacceptable manner or indulging in an illegal activity. In such cases no refund will be offered for the unused portion of the holiday.